If you are a new member of the Camping and Caravanning Club or have never camped with a District Association before, this section will explain to you what it is about and how you can join in.
What is DA or Social camping?
Camping with your local group or District Association (DA) is one of the best ways to make the most of the great outdoors whilst making new friends at the same time. The Club has 93 DA’s spread across 13 Regions.
We offer some of the most inexpensive camping available and you’ll always be guaranteed a warm friendly welcome. Members are welcome to attend any meet, whether it’s organised by your own DA or a different DA elsewhere in the country.
What DA am I part of?
Your local DA is shown on your membership card and is based on your home postcode. To belong to the same DA as family or friends it’s easy to change or ‘opt’ to a different DA. Simply contact the Secretary of the District Association you would like to move to and they will send you an Opting Form to complete and return to them together with your Membership Cards.
What about children?
Are you aged between 12 and 17? Do you like making new friends and having your own adventures?
Camping Club Youth membership is free for Youth members aged between 12 and 17 years. Upon passing the Youth Test by your 18th birthday you will continue to enjoy free CCY membership until your 21st birthday.
With CCY you can:
- Camp with your local District Association or region and take part in dedicated CCY events
- Camp at the annual National Youth Rally with other Youth Members, and enjoy sports events, games, fancy dress, discos and more
- Attend the annual International Youth Rally held in a different European country each year
- Learn new skills like pitching tents, cooking, map-reading, first aid and lots more
- Compete in sports like football, volleyball and netball
- Enjoy camping and activity weekends including pony-trekking, mountain-walking, rock-climbing and canoeing
- Take your National Youth Test – which proves your camping skills and brings extra benefits, like reduced membership fees
If you'd like to know more about Camping Club Youth, please contact our youth leaders by email email@example.com
Your first step.
If you’d like to know anything else about social or DA camping, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are happy you know everything you want to know and want to join in with a Meet, you can find the next event by going to ‘Meets’. We look forward to seeing you soon!